Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lesson 16: Enjoying Circuits...

It felt great this morning, that is to say it all kind of clicked and I felt very comfortable in the approach and the landing. To be fair the wind was right down the runway giving me plenty of time to line her up. I was on runway 02 main today so another left hand circuit. It was unusual in that there was no choppiness on the approach which is usual for this runway. Instead the turbulence seemed to be on the climb out.

Anyway - it was a very very good day in my training. Mike my instructor was very pleased and said I deserved to pat myself on my back. I said that my third lesson (this holiday) is tomorrow and I'll probably make a hash of it after two really good days. We shall see!

I took some snaps (pictures enclosed) and of course the usual track plot.

16.27-04-11 C152 G-CEPX EGTO EGTO 09:05 10:05 1:00 1-1 EX12/13


 

Above Left: Leaving the keys on top is a visual comfort to anybody walking around the front of the aircraft that it is safe to do so. Above Right: The three main controls, Carb Heat, Throttle and Mixture.
 
Left: In case you were not sure how to get out of a Cessna - simply follow the signs! Above: Where it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment