Sunday 25 September 2011

Autumnal Fog


I was up at 6:45 and really looking forward to go flying. Unfortunatly flying heavily relies on the weather, and the weather in this country is well sometimes ..... unpredictable and frustrating.

So you can imagine how I felt when I left my home in bright sunshine only to reach the airfield and be subject to what you see here in the photos.

Where I live it was absolutely fine. However, as is the way the weather works this time of year there can be heavily localised haze , mist and fog. The airfield I am learning to fly from is about 430ft above sea level. What had happened was the fog had lifted from the surrounding valley and had shrouded the airfield. Visibility was poor, say about 1km (it was barely possibly to see the end of the runway). A couple of cups of coffee and chat with the instructors and then it was time to quit. Shame. It was for me really quite a downer. I had been looking forward to it all week. I heard on my radio scanner a couple of hours later that flights had resumed. Today though was just one of those things. Given the timing of my lesson, it was not to be my day.

Oh well, I've booked for next weekend and I'm praying (like always) for some good weather. I can't wait to fly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment