Sunday 25 May 2014

IMC Skills Test Passed May 4th 2014


I've been neglecting my diary lately as I've been so busy. We've been away on holiday a couple of times (Barcelona and then the New Forest) and work has been on my mind quite a bit so I've not found time to write much.

Suffice to say I did my IMC skills test on May 4th and passed. I had put it off for some time much to the amusement of my instructor. Well, its a test isn't it - who actually enjoys them. 

Since then I did a DME Arc at Lydd and then yesterday (May 24, 2014) I went back to Rochester for a 28 Day Check which involved a few circuits in prep for hiring a C152 today. Sadly the cloud base was iffy at 8:30 this morning so I sat it out and rebooked for next Sunday.

May 18 2014 DME Arc Lydd
C152 Rear View Window : May 24, 2014
Aircraft Checks : May 24, 2014
Aircraft Checks : May 24, 2014
I have to say last night it felt good to fly the C152 again. I was on R16 at Rochester and it was a lovely sunny evening after a day of rain showers. It was only 30 minutes which covered two touch and goes and a glide approach which turned out really well. I think I've hit the 100 hour mark on my log book but will have to add that up and post it here in my diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment